IIMA has two principal committees, Marketing & Communications and Technical, both of which are open to all IIMA members. Both committees play an important role in the achievement of IIMA's objectives and aim to create value for members as well as external stakeholders through their activities.
Marketing & Communications Committee
- promoting the use of ore-based metallics in the steelmaking and foundry industries through information and education
- communicating appropriate messages to stakeholders via the website, media, workshops, conference presentations, etc.
- contributing to the planning of IIMA members’ meetings in terms of locations, programme themes and content, etc.
- improving and promoting the use of ore-based metallics in steel making and iron foundry processes through analysis, standardisation, development of best practice and guidance
- providing technical expertise in transportation, logistics and handling methods and procedures
- addressing regulatory issues such as REACH (Registration Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals) and the International Maritime Organisation's code for safe carriage of solid bulk cargoes.