IIMA has recently revised its committee structure. In addition to its two principal committees, Communications and Technical, a third Sustainability committee is being added. All committees are open to all IIMA members and play an important role in the achievement of IIMA's objectives and aim to create value for members as well as external stakeholders through their activities.
In addition, we have 2 taskforces, that sit under the guidance of the Communications committee to help with specific aspects of the organisation – Membership & Statistics.
- promoting the use of ore-based metallics in the steelmaking and foundry industries through information and education
- communicating appropriate messages to stakeholders via the website, media, workshops, conference presentations, etc.
- contributing to the planning of IIMA members’ meetings in terms of locations, programme themes and content, etc.
Watch our Communications Committee introduction video below:
- improving and promoting the use of ore-based metallics in steel making and iron foundry processes through analysis, standardisation, development of best practice and guidance
- providing technical expertise in transportation, logistics and handling methods and procedures
- addressing regulatory issues such as REACH (Registration Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals) and the International Maritime Organisation's code for safe carriage of solid bulk cargoes.
Watch our Technical Committee introduction video below:
- raise awareness of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in respect of sustainability within the ore-based metallics sector
- support sharing of good ESG practice and where justified the development of sector policy
- support member company risk management and reputation building activities