Why become a member of IIMA? Download the introductory presentation to find more about us and what membership offers.
- Twice yearly members’ meetings, usually one in Europe, the other in the Americas:
- presentations on matters relevant to the industry from external as well as internal experts
- plenty of networking opportunities – meet all your contacts in one place and save on travel cost
- field trips
- Summary of industry news three times a week
- Trade and industry statistics
- Members' knowledge base
- Market support through literature, presentations and educational workshops
- Regulatory support:
- REACH - IIMA is a member of the REACH Iron Platform
- International Maritime Organisation - IIMA has NGO consultative status
- Technical and Marketing & Communication committees
- IIMA is a member of the World Steel Association and the International Council on Mining & Metals and has strong relationships with many other relevant organisations.
- higher profile for ore-based metallics due to targeted marketing and product support programmes`
- “demand pull” created from product awareness programmes
- greater impact of industry-wide approach to regulatory issues
- being part of the IIMA “community”
- a one-stop shop for the ore-based metallics industry
IIMA has three membership types (see the current list of members):
- Producer Member: companies that manufacture ore-based metallics for sale to third parties (including inter-group)
- Trader Member: companies that regularly buy, sell and/or distribute ore-based metallics for steel production and/or ferrous casting
- Associate Member: companies that are associated with , but not directly involved in the ore-based metallics trade, such as providers of technology, plant and equipment, raw materials, freight and logistics services, consultancy services, etc.
In addition IIMA has an honorary affiliation category, Fellowship, granted to individuals whose careers have furthered the development of the ore-based metallics industry.
How to apply
Application for membership is straightforward:
Membership fees are fixed annually and are included in the application form.